top of page


  • What is Gift Aid?
    Gift Aid is a special tax relief which benefits UK charities and can provide your church with vital additional income. If you are a UK tax-payer, Gift Aid increases the value of your giving by 25% because St John with St Andrew can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gifts at no extra cost to you – but you must opt-in! Gift Aid boosts your church’s income by adding an extra 25p for every £1 you donate. Therefore, if you give £100 each month to your church and complete a Gift Aid declaration, your giving is boosted by HMRC so that it becomes £125 each month or £1,500 each year! Imagine what a difference that could make to the gospel work your church is doing!
  • Am I able to Gift Aid?
    If you are a UK tax-payer, you will be able Gift Aid your donations as long as you pay a sufficient amount of Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax in that financial year. The tax you pay must be equivalent (or more) to the amount of Gift Aid that all the charities you support will reclaim on your donations in that tax year.
  • What if I am a higher-rate tax payer?
    The scheme has additional benefits for higher rate tax payers too. If you pay a higher rate of tax, you may be able to ask HMRC to adjust your tax code (so that you pay less tax) or use your self-assessment tax return to claim back the difference between the basic rate of tax reclaimed by the charity and your highest rate.

St John with St Andrew Gift Aid Declaration

Help us make a difference

HMRC will use your title and name to identify you as a current tax payer, so please use your full name (i.e. the name on your payslips or tax return).

Has your name changed since you last completed a Gift Aid declaration?

HMRC will use your house number and postcode to identify you as a current tax payer.

Has your address changed since you last completed a Gift Aid declaration?
Gift Aid Declaration to St John with St Andrew
Which church do you support?

"I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/​or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference."*

If you are unsure whether you are eligible to Gift Aid, please first consult our Gift Aid FAQs above this form.

The details you submit in this declaration will be held securely and used only for processing Gift Aid – they will not be used for any other purpose, or shared with anyone other than HMRC. Your details will be retained for as long as required by HMRC. Currently this is 6 years after your last donation for which a Gift Aid claim is made. 

The above Gift Aid declaration covers donations made to St John and St Andrew (Registered Charity no. 1132248). 

Please notify us if you:

  • wish to cancel this declaration

  • change your name or move home (it is vital that our records match HMRC’s records)

  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

Thank you!

bottom of page